
Hi everyone! We just got back from California. Let me tell you all about our trip! We flew into LA on Friday, November 20th. I did great on the plane! I even got compliments from neighboring passengers. In LA we met my mom's friend Allegra for lunch, and she gave me the coolest little lion blankie/toy that I just love! I played with it every day of the trip. Unfortunately we forgot to get a picture with Allegra.
This was my first time seeing the ocean - this is in Malibu. We drove through here on our way to Santa Barbara.

In Santa Barbara we stayed with mom's friends Shelley and Chris. The night we got there, I achieved a milestone! I rolled from my tummy to my back very easily! I have done this occasionally before, but this was the first time I was really good at it.
The next day we went to some wineries near Santa Barbara. Mommy and Daddy couldn't stop talking about how pretty the vineyards were with the fall colored leaves!

I didn't mind being in the wineries. There was all kinds of cool bottles and glasses that looked fun to play with. Maybe if they take me back next year, I can get my hands on all that stuff, although I think mom said this was my last trip going to the wineries for a while...

We had a picnic by this fire pit in the cute little town of Los Olivos.

Here we are with Shelley and Chis in Santa Barbara before we left on Sunday.

I am so good at drinking bottles now! I can even hold them by myself sometimes, and I don't mind drinking them in the car.

We drove up the coast towards Monterey along the Big Sur Highway. Mom and Dad think this is the prettiest drive ever! I couldn't see what they were talking about because I can't see out the window from my carseat, so I decided to cry most of the day. I'm pretty happy here because I am OUT of the carseat.

This is their favorite place along Highway 1. Unfortunately we didn't get here until after the sun set, but it was still nice.

We got to Monterey Sunday night and ate dinner at Fisherman's Wharf (well actually I slept through dinner). On Monday we went for a long walk around the town and along the water. Then we went to some wineries in Monterey county. Wineries again, you say? It gets worse...check out California Part 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment