Thursday, January 20, 2011

Christmas 2010

Hi! It's Brandon again. I want to tell you about my 2nd Christmas! This was a very special Holiday season because I started talking a lot more during those few weeks! And I got to spend some quality time with lots of family and friends.

Here is the tree we had in our house in Kansas. Mommy and Daddy thought I would want to touch all the ornaments and pull on the tree, but I was such a good boy! The only think I did was go up to it, point and say, "Tee!" I occasionally poked at a couple of ornaments too, but that's ok, right? None of them fell off...

On December 22 (Daddy's birthday) we flew to SC. Unlike our trip down for Thanksgiving, we didn't get bumped to 1st class because the planes were too small, so it was a pretty exhausting day for all of us - especially me because I didn't even get a nap! Mommy was sick too, so she was miserable on the flights, but we made it.

This is in front of Mimi and Papa's Christmas tree with my monkey that I sometimes call "Gigi."

Here I am with Papa. I love to say "Papa!"
and with my only cousin, Drew (who is 18). I can also say, "Drew." I learned to say almost everyone's name over the Christmas break.

That's Biscuit. The one on the right, I mean. She doesn't like me and pretended the whole 2 weeks that I wasn't there. Apparently this pig is better company. Even though it was difficult, I left her alone (after being told several times that I should not bother her) and we all got along just fine.

Here are some pictures from Christmas Day!

I loved taking things out of my stocking! I kept wanting to put them back in, though.

This picture is kind of dark, but don't I look cute in my Christmas hat? Mommy and Daddy figured out that I was happy sitting in my booster seat to open presents and play with them, and that kept me from running around the house getting into everything else. That tractor was in my stocking, and I started saying "tractor" after playing with it.

This is my great uncle Tim (Mimi's brother). He got me this cool wooden stacking toy for Christmas that I just love! Who needs toys with batteries? Keep it simple people.

Here is part of that toy! I really loved all of the presents that I got and spent a long time playing with each one. I think that made everyone who gave me the gifts feel good. What can I say, I am a gentleman.

Here I am all spiffed up for Christmas dinner (holding part of my wooden toy).

Here are most of the ladies that I love: Cioci Kalina (Daddy's sister), Mommy, Mimi, Aunt Kiki (Mommy's sister), and Aunt Fer Fer (Kiki's sister-in-law). Unfortunately my Babcia had the flu the WHOLE time I was in SC. She couldn't even hold me or spend much time with me, and it was so sad not to get to be with her! That's why she isn't in this picture.


Here are some pictures from the days after Christmas:

On December 26th, we all met up with some of Mommy's friends from high school for brunch. This is Shelley, Cori, and Rebecca. Shelly and Rebecca are both going to have a baby this coming summer! I was such a good boy at brunch...the best I've ever been in a restaurant. I had whole tables of people come up to me and tell me how cute and good I am. Ha! They should see me at home!

This is my wujek (uncle) Stefan and Daddy. We celebrated their birthdays at Babcia and Dziadzia's house the night of the 26th with a dinner and beer tasting. My Cioci Kalina made a great dinner (well so I hear...I only wanted to eat graham crackers and peanut butter...one of my staples). The crowns on their head were from those funny little party "poppers" that have prizes and a crown in them.

I did a good job of keeping everyone entertained during dinner.

By the way, have you seen all my teeth lately?

Here are all the different beers that were part of the beer tasting.
Can you believe they drank all that beer?

Here is everyone who was there.

On December 28th, some people got together at Mimi and Papa's house. It was a beautiful evening, but really cold!

Papa wanted to have an oyster roast because Stefan had never had oysters before, and everyone in the Lowcountry has oyster roasts throughout the fall and winter. Usually you do it outside, but we stayed in the garage because it was so cold!
Here they are! Hot out of the steamer. Yummy! (well that's what they all said. I didn't try any. Maybe next year.)

Mommy's friend Cori came to hang out with us! I really like Cori. She makes me laugh.

Papa! What's all over your face?! It's Cheerios! Give me one of those!

I love my Mommy and Mimi! I was pulling their necks into me in a double hug and wouldn't let go, so they just had to get a picture because I'm so lovable and cute. Even Biscuit looks like she wanted in on that action! Actually Biscuit was probably just concerned because her mommy (Mimi) wasn't paying attention to her.

Here's my Dziadzia!

On the 29th, Mommy and Daddy went to Savannah for the night and left me with Mimi and Papa. Here is where they stayed, the Planter's Inn.

This is the fountain in Forsyth Park.

Here is one of the many Squares in downtown Savannah. The Spanish Moss hanging from the trees in the Lowcountry is so neat and beautiful.

This is on a walk on Pinkney Island. We went with Dziadzia.

New Years Eve! This is Chris & Shelley (Mommy's friend from high school), Cioci Kalina, and Mommy & Daddy.

Daddy and his sister.

Well, that's about it! We had a great time hanging out with family and friends! We just wish Babcia had been feeling better so we could have seen her more, and we wish we could see all these great people more often!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great holiday! I think my favorite pictures were "can you believe they drank all that beer?" and biscuit hanging out with the pig! too funny! Brandon is such a cutie! So glad he had a great 2nd Christmas!

    ReplyDelete