
Here I am at 33 weeks. I have been getting comments about the size of my belly for weeks now from friends, family, and strangers who ask how far along I am. Everyone thinks I should be bigger. Well, I turns out my new doctor agreed. At my last 2 appointments (I go every 2 weeks now) I measured a couple weeks behind where I should. He recommended that I get another ultrasound to make sure the fluid levels were appropriate and the baby is growing as he should. I was hesitant to have another ultrasound, but I figured it would be fun to see the baby again, and it would definitely be reassuring to know everything is ok. We had the ultrasound yesterday, and it turns out that when the babies are this big, you can't really get a good look at them! You can see a large head on the screen or a leg, but you can't get an overall view like you can during the 20 week one. And the hospital here in KS doesn't have 3D capabilities like our last hospital in NC did, so we didn't get to see his little face. They did confirm that it is a boy, however. I would be selling a lot of blue stuff if they found otherwise. Anyway, from what the tech could see, the fluid levels look fine, and the baby is measuring a 33-34 weeks as he should. The expected due date came out to be July 17th, which is a couple days past what it was before (I thought my true due date was later than the 15th all along). At least this will buy me a couple of days if I end up being late. He estimated the baby is 5 lbs. I can't really believe there is a 5 pound human in there, although it definitely feels like it when he is dancing around. We only have 6 more weeks to go! I guess it is time to get a crib...that is on the list of things to do this weekend.
You look beautiful! Glad all's well in the womb! I can't wait to meet Brandon Patrick!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh you look fabulous! Love that baby belly! So glad to hear little Brandon is doing well! July 17th will be here before you know it!!
ReplyDeleteI've had SO many people tell me that I look too small for my gestation as well. I'm 33 weeks tomorrow and I'd say I look about the same size as you do in the picture. I've just taken to ignoring everyone and relying on the fact that Molly is kick-boxing in there everyday as an indication that she's happy and healthy :)
ReplyDeleteyou look great! Did you decide to go for the Natural Childbirth? I would love to send you our documents on Natural Childbirth and a tips for husbands/coaches. I love talkign anything childbirth! Good luck in the homestretch!
ReplyDeleteYou really do look fabulous! Not too much longer now - enjoy every minute!!
ReplyDeleteVal- you look awesome! People keep telling me I look huge. I think it would be nicer to hear I look small! Yes, our little ones will be here before you know it. I'm freaking out, but I am sure you are as level-headed as ever. So happy you guys are in and settled in KS. Don't forget to have your hubbie post some baby pics on this blog with Brandon makes his debut! Hang in there! -Meagan
ReplyDelete