Thursday, July 2, 2009
Nursery
Here are some pictures of Brandon's nursery. I should have taken some pictures of the closet. I'm not sure why I didn't as I think that is what I spent the most time on and what I like best about the room (those of you who know my organizing personality understand...). I have the clothes organized by size and type. I wonder how long that will last...
The rocker in this picture was my dad's mom's rocker. It has little Snoopy's on it. We decided to see if this will suffice before investing in a glider rocker. Since this is a regular rocker, you have to actually use a little effort to get it to rock unlike the gliders that just kind of glide on their own with minimal effort. Whenever I sit in one of the really nice gliders in a store, I never want to get out...maybe that's a good thing, or maybe it isn't...we'll see how everything goes in the first couple of weeks after Brandon's arrival.
I love Pottery Barn baby bedding. Unfortunately, you can spend a mortgage payment buying it. I ended up finding a woman in our neighborhood who was selling her gently-used-for-only-one-child Pottery Barn bedding for $30 for all of it. You can't really beat that. It is exactly the colors I was looking for.
For those of you in the know about current baby safety recommendations and who might be concerned about our child, I will not be leaving those stuffed animals or the bumper in the crib at first. Actually Brandon probably won't even sleep in here for a while. We'll have him sleep in our room in the pack n' play as long as that works out for all of us.
I love this little animal display over the crib made possible in funding by Brandon's Mimi and stylistically by his daddy. I would have put the animals in a straight line. I'm so glad I have a husband who keeps me from thinking so linearly .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Yay! So cute! I'm eagerly awaiting Brandon's birth! So, bumper pads on cribs are "out" now? Rhett pulled his off & it became his "Tee Too" - he carried it w/him everywhere for years :)
ReplyDeleteA bumper is a really big blankie! Some books say they can be a suffication hazzard for small babies and a stepping stool for older babies to crawl out of the crib, but I don't know how often that really happens. I know a lot of people still use them...
ReplyDeleteEverything looks so adorable. I love the zoo animals...that was my choice if Molly turned out to be a boy. Now all you need is Brandon. Not much longer now!!!! Keep me posted on any developments!
ReplyDeleteHey V - Love your nursery! It is adorable! ~laura
ReplyDeleteI LOVE how the animals are placed in that arrangement - I was just thinking how I would NEVER have thought to do that. VERY cute.
ReplyDeleteOh it looks SO great, V! Brandon is going to love it! I love the animals and the Noah's ark theme! Just precious! Can't wait for him to get here...that full moon isn't too far away now! :)
ReplyDeleteVal, I love the nursery, especially the animals! Did you get them from Babies R Us? I think I saw them there. Your nursery is really cute. And yes I agree, you can spend a fortune on any one thing for a baby. It's funny what you said about the bumpers and stuffed animals, because I have mine in the crib too and they look soooooo cute. I will probably take them out just as you will do. Brandon is going to love his new room. He sure is blessed to have a mom and dad that love him so much already. Just a few more weeks/days until his birth-day! I'll be praying for you!
ReplyDelete