Saturday, August 8, 2009

First Birthday as a Mommy

I had a great first birthday as a mommy! It was a little different, though, in that I couldn't be totally selfish with my time and do what I wanted to do all day. There was now a little one to feed, change, and keep happy. Welcome to motherhood where your time is no longer your own!
My day started off with my husband making me breakfast in bed, which was fabulous. These roses are from our yard. We don't spend much time outside, so I figured they would be put to better use inside the house. The rose bushes are not the fruits of our labor...they came with the house. Neither of us have much of a green thumb when it comes to roses, so it's amazing we've gotten them to bloom more than once this summer.
Here I am with my not so happy son. We are headed out for a late lunch since Krzysztof got off work early. We were a little worried about how it would go since he was not in the best mood.
But he was perfect! We ate outside at this awesome tapas restaurant, and Brandon slept the whole time.

This is the great dinner Krzysztof made for me...a 12 oz. filet, sauteed portabellas, and asparagus! And a 2005 Rafanelli Zin we bought at the small family winery in Sonoma a year and a half ago...they would only let each couple buy one bottle of it because it is in such high demand, and it was amazing!

Look closely under the napkin. How do babies always know when it is dinner time? Brandon always seems to wake up and/or become fussy right when our dinner hits this table. I've heard from other parents that many babies do this! Maybe they don't want to be left out of a family dinner. This time he was fussy and hungry. We didn't want our good dinner to get cold, so Krzysztof rigged up a way to keep everyone happy with the bottle propped on his belly. We had a nice quiet dinner!

Krzysztof is enjoying the quiet, happy baby cuddles after he gets to do the feeding...he doesn't often get to see that side of his son. More often than not he sees a dirty diaper and a fussy baby in need of vigorous bouncing. We are getting some pretty strong arm muscles from all the bouncing!

Another snuggle picture....one of my favorite things to do.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Valerie!! I didn't realize it was your birthday this weekend! I've forgotten to check your blog because I didn't add it to my list. I LOVE all the pictures of sweet Brandon--what a cutie pie! It's so much work, but worth it, hey? :)

    ReplyDelete